[Fellow Forum] Pei Jean Chen(대만 국립정치대학 교수) > VIDEO

본문 바로가기
Archive

Video

VIDEO

[Fellow Forum] Pei Jean Chen(대만 국립정치대학 교수)

페이지 정보

Name 최고관리자 Date18-06-20 16:14 Hit101 Comment0

본문

전후 대만과 한국의 불확실한 기억과 성정치

일자: 2018.4.26.

장소: 서강대학교 김대건관 K101

강연자: 첸 페이진(Pei Jean Chen) 대만 국립정치대학(National Chengchi University) 교수.

강연자 소개: 20세기 초 동아시아의 국민 언어와 문학, 그리고 낭만적 사랑과 섹슈얼리티의 근대적 개념이 국가 경계를 가로질러 교환되고 번역/해석되면서 형성되는 과정에 관한 논문으로 2016년 미국 코넬대학교 아시아연구학과에서 박사학위를 취득하였다.
현재 연구의 초점은 전후 대만과 남한에서의 식민주의 유산과 젠더의 정상화라는 냉전이데올로기에 맞춰져 있다.
출판을 앞둔 첸 교수의 저서 The Genealogy of Love and Modern Sexuality in Taiwan and Korea는 대만과 남한에서의 근대적 사랑과 섹슈얼리티의 구성, 그리고 그것이 일본 제국주의와 냉전 지정학에 역사적으로 반응해온 방식을 상호준거로 삼아 전후 세계체제의 새로운 문화적 역사를 제시한다. 

- 강연 요약:

Focusing on the main figures of 이묵 and T Mama in recent queer documentaries: "The Troublers(불온한 당신)"(2015) and "Small Talk"(2016) produced by South Korean and Taiwanese independent directors, this talk speaks to recent work in queer theory and historiography on the potential for "queer modes of life" (Halberstam, 2005). I argue the "precarious memory" is a useful analytical framework for examining the dominant mode of history writing. To facilitate this argument, I will trace the shifting paradigms of sexual norms from the legacy of colonialism, the cold war ideology of gender and sexual normalization, to the precarious moment when this knowledge production of sexuality is passed on to subsequent generations. To be more specific, I will discuss the issues of gender norms through the reading of the Mr. Pants (바지씨 and 穿褲仔 in Korean and Chinese), the precarious lives of these non-normative subjects under cold war system, and how the directors (as subsequent generations of 이묵 and T Mama) integrate this socio-history into the present and future.